What's in it?
- 1 copy of the Cy1 MemMaster NB pdf Document from www.classicalconversations.com - Foundations - File Share. I print mine out reduced to 58% with printing set to 2 sheets per 1 page and then use a 5x8 notebook to put it in. Just makes it more compact and easier to carry around.
- MP3 player and CD's of the Memory Work for the entire Cycle.
- Cycle 1 Memory Cards available at www.classicalconversations.com.
- White Board with dry erase marker
- Ruler (for drawing maps)
- White paper (for drawing maps) and pencil
- Geography Notebook from CC Community or Trivium Tables for Geography would work great as well (available at www.classicalconversations.com) I use this so that I can keep my book at the 5x8 size - it saves on ink and easier to carry around. The maps are the only thing that really need to be bigger to be usable.
Every six weeks, I would do the proof sheet for that six weeks. Make a note of any of the memory work that they haven't mastered and hone in on those particular pieces for the next week and then retest to see if they've mastered them finally. Continually, reviewing all the material each week. You can review it in subjects by day, weeks by day or however it makes sense to you to fit it all in each week. Sometimes, if there is a particular memory peg they are struggling with you might want to find a way to bring that piece to life - perhaps doing a little side study on it or finding a great book on it or craft etc. Anything that will help them hang that memory peg better.